Joe and Jenny’s Manga Mascot Competition
We’ve been thinking over the last month that it would be really great to have mascots for our blog and we thought a fun way to do this would be to have a competition for all our readers to draw some mascots for us. You have a chance to design our new mascots that will be featured in all of our future blog posts and be the faces of our blog!
Not only will the winning design feature in the blog, but the winner will win a fantastic selection of manga books and Pocky! We will have a few runner-up prizes as well.
We will have two mascots featured on our blog and each one will be designed by a different age range. One will be from a 12-17yrs category and the other from an 18yrs+ category.
The rules for the competition are as follows:
– Closing Date: All entries must be submitted by the 21st October 2013
– Any medium can be used to design the mascots, e.g. pens, pencils, paint, computer designed.
– The mascots must be Library themed, for example a Librarian wearing the Swindon Libraries uniform. (see photo for reference)
– We would also like a little explanation/backstory of the designed character to be provided with your submission. This is not mandatory but would be very welcome!
– Please send your entries either by post, to: Manga Mascot Competition, Central Library, Regent Circus, Swindon, SN1 1QG. Or submit by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
– All submissions must include your own name and contact details, along with your age.
– All submissions must be your own work and by making a submission, the winner is agreeing to allow Swindon Libraries to use their design for the purposes stated in the introduction.
– The winner will be announced during the week commencing 28th October 2013.
Good luck to you all! We will look forward to receiving your entries!
Our next review will be of PHD: Phantasy Degree within the next few weeks.
[Jenny and Joe work at the Central Library and they LOVE manga and anime! They are going to share their favourite books and films on the Swindon Libraries blog, so watch this space for more great reviews in coming months!]