Introducing Swindon Visitor Information
Visit Swindon Information Centre is based in Central Library and we offer a wide range of services and assistance to both visitors and residents. Here’s just a sample of what we do;
– We are agents for both Barnes Coaches and National Express, which means you can purchase tickets through us and also obtain information about Barnes day trips and holidays.
- Lazy Sunday Afternoon
- Swindon Choral Society: Dvorak Requiem
- Sound Bites at Riffs Bar
- Rise Theatre performance : White Rabbit
- Life Drawing classes at Swindon and Broad Hinton
- MECA Family & Adult Roller Disco
- MECA Chuckles Comedy
- MECA events
- Suju Comedy Club
- Events at The VIC
- Events at Level 3
– We also sell tickets for Untutored Life Drawing Workshops in Swindon.
The workshops are run at two venues; Sundays; 10:00 to 16:00 at the Moose Hall, Old Town and Wednesdays; 10:00 to 13:00 at the Village Hall, Broad Hinton.
The workshops welcome and cater for a wide range of experience. Artists are free to book and attend as many or as few workshops as they wish and are free to use whichever medium or style suits them. The groups maintain a professional, non-judgemental and supportive attitude to all – new comers and regulars alike.
– We’re host to some fantastic work by local artists, such as the Magic Roundabout Mosaic Mirror by artist Lynette Thomas – Artkore Mosaics, which is currently on display on the 2nd floor of Central Library in the Local Studies department. We’re also home to the Diana Dors bust sculpted by local artist Enid G.D Mitchell.
– We’re the place to go if you want to pick up Swindon souvenirs, including our fantastic Magic Roundabout t-shirts, which come in four colours. We sell a great range of Swindon themed souvenirs and gifts, from magnets to mugs. We also sell a wide selection of titles by local authors and books pertaining to Swindon and the local area.
– Most importantly, we’re here to help! Whether you’re a resident or visiting Swindon, we’re ready to assist with queries regarding attractions, accommodation, directions, community information, regular events/groups in the area, promoting your local event, selling your tickets and more. We also stock free maps, leaflets, brochures and information sheets.
So come find us on the ground floor of Central Library at Regent’s Circus. Alternatively, you can contact us by;
Phone: 01793 466454